Saturday, March 28, 2009

Islands in the Sky at Comic Relief in Berkeley, CA!

We don't usually update on weekends but I thought I'd make an exception for this. Some good friends of mine, Uel and Jeff Carter (they're brothers) helped us get a few copies of our book into Comic Relief in Berkeley, CA. As long as I've lived in the Bay Area, I've never been to the store (though I've seen and shopped at it for seven years running at Comic-Con). The store is awesome. I was really impressed by the amount of small press and indie stuff they had there. From little booklets and ashcans to professionally printed stuff like our book. I ended up spending twice what I got from the sales of our book to their store! THEY TRICKED ME. =)

Anyway, here is a shot of Genevieve and I with our comic at their "new comic wall":

(click to enlarge)

And here is a close up of our book next to an Iron Man trade! "Beware. Boobs!" Heh Heh.

(click to enlarge)

I know it's probably not a big deal to a lot of other independent comic book creators but for Genevieve and I, it was a real treat to see our hard work in a real comic book store. Thanks again to all the great guys at Comic Relief (http://www.comicrelief.net/) and an extra special thanks to my friend Jeff who pushed me to send him a book so that he could show the guys at the store.

So if you're in the neighborhood, drop in and look for our book. If you have friends who haven't picked it up yet, tell them they can get it at Comic Relief! If you got a camera, take a picture of yourself with our book at the store. We'd love to post it here. =)

- Joseph

1 comment:

  1. Oh the irony of the bottom picture "Beware, Boobs!" fallowed by "Click to enlarge" O_o

    Great art I must say, haven't bought a copy of the manga but I think I'll have to since I saw you both at Fanime 2009 (monday).
    Great job! Keep up the awesome work.

    ~ Remrie Arrie

    ReplyDelete