Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kayli Model Finalized

Hey Folks,

Just dropping by for a quick update...the Kayli model was recently updated and I'm very happy with the changes. I know, anyone still reading this blog probably can't even remember what the old one looked like. The changes were mostly in the head and face so she pretty much has the same basic body shape you saw in the previous post. I hope to have a neat model preview link here in the next week or so.

By the way, the "Naked Kayli Sighting" post was just something I did on a whim. I was messing around in Unreal and dropped the model into UDK (Unreal Development Kit) to see it in some fancy lighting. The environment you see is a tech demo area built by Epic...not by Project IITS.

We're currently working on finishing up the rig for the model (which needed fixing/editing as a result of the model changes). Once the rig is done, we can start doing more fun stuff. I got a new animator for the project and she's great. More on her later when we got some stuff to show (her work was interrupted when we had to update the model/rig).

Anyway, hope y'all had a great Turkey Day weekend...thanks for reading.

- Joseph

2 comments:

  1. That image makes me wish I knew how to 3d model. I'd love to see my girls in 3d animation. Can't wait to see your new Kayli model. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zorilita!

    Thanks for dropping by! As an artist, you already have an artistic eye...3D is simply a new medium. I have no doubt that if you decide to learn 3D, you'll be great at it. I agree, seeing the gals of Faux Facts in 3D would be really neat! =)

    ReplyDelete